Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"You've survived State of Decay. Now it's time to move forward and tell your own story. Take on an endless campaign with twists and turns based entirely on your own choices. Build up your score in the face of an ever-escalating zombie threat, and compete with survivors around the world. Complete challenges to unlock new heroes with unique weapons and skills. The deeper you go, the tougher it gets, and every choice is yours."
Breakdown is State of Decay's first DLC, which was released on both Steam and XBLA, on 29th November 2013. It adds a new game mode, Breakdown, featuring new melee weapons, firearms, playable characters, and being an infinite sandbox mode, in which one could play the game (in theory) forever.
Our first expansion comes largely from you and your dreams. Less story, more survival. Long-term survival. More difficulty. New achievements, survivors, and weapons. We hope you have as much fun with it as we have.
In Breakdown, no storyline exists, the only goal is to survive for as long as possible. When resources become depleted, players will be given the choice to advance to the next level, using an RV which they must previously locate, repair and refuel. Only 6 people (excluding Lily) can be chosen. All levels are set in Trumbull Valley and all the locations are the same; however, the map reverts to unexplored, containers become unlooted and the zombies get more dangerous.
At first, players will start a new game with a random character. After completing specific challenges, they will unlock and can choose to play as hero characters, each has with their own unique abilities and starting weapons. Players can also set the difficulty when starting a new game, ranging on a scale from 1 to 10. They can only select difficulty levels up to what they have unlocked (each difficulty level can only be unlocked by completing the previous one).
Differences between Breakdown and Story modeEdit
Notes: The differences listed below are pulled by inspecting .xml files of State of Decay and Breakdown. They are only partial and need more testing.
- All storyline-related missions are removed
- New Breakdown missions are introduced, including Repairing the RV and Leaving the Valley
- All storyline-related enclaves are removed and containers appear in their buildings.
- 34 Heroes, 101 recruitable characters and 9 NPCs (including Lily Ritter and characters recruited with radio calls).
- Most NPCs in State of Decay become playable, either as heroes or random enclave members.
- Improving basic skills and specialization skills now adds 4 Fame per level instead of 1
- New skill: Tattoo Artist
- New skill effect for Jurisprudence: Trust gain +10%
- New facility: Recreational Vehicle
- New ability for Medical Area: Get Matching Tattoos
- Medical Area ability Create Homemade Painkillers cost increased from 2 to 5 Medicine
- More generous Fame rewards for facility completion (without checking Advice text)
- New temporary home site: Busted RV
- Homesite requirements changed
- Tiny homesite: no requirement (5 survivors in SoD)
- Small homesite: 5 survivors (8 in SoD)
- Medium homesite: 10 survivors (12 in SoD)
- New firearms
- New melee weapons
- Tweaked various weapons (mainly weight and durability)
- New ammo list Ammo.Hunter (ammo for hunting rifles and shotguns)
- Removed Notes from most containers
- Added Notes and Junk to some containers
- Added new firearms to search item lists: Guns.Military, Guns.Sidearm, Guns.Swat, Guns.Police, Guns.Hunter, Guns.Enthusiast, Guns.Civilian, Guns.Case
- Added new melee weapons to search item lists: Melee.Martial, Melee.Home, Melee.Garden, Melee.Tool, Melee.Industry, Melee.Police, Melee.Axe, Melee.Camping
- Ammo.Hunter is added to a few more containers
- Ammo.Launcher is added to a few more containers
- Added list of component needed for refueling the RV
- "New day" event does not put ammo in Supply Locker
- "New day" event does not put matching ammo in each survivor's inventory
- Removed Construction Advice
- Text description changed for a few calls
Notes: Below is untested data taken from the sandbox.xml file.
|Max Cars||70||60||55||50||45||40||35||30||25||20||15||total number of vehicles that spawn in the level|
|Survivors.Cap||80||60||50||40||30||20||20||20||20||20||20||total number of survivors that spawn in the level|
|Survivors.Rare||40||30||30||25||20||15||15||15||15||15||15||number of of "rare" survivors (?) that spawn in the level|
|Fast Zombie %||16||20||26||33||40||50||60||70||80||100||100||% of fast zombies relative to the number of normal zombies|
|Slow Zombie %||77||73||67||60||53||43||33||23||13||0||0||% of slow zombies relative to the number of normal zombies|
|Dormant Zombie %||7||7||7||7||7||7||7||7||7||7||7||% of dormant zombies relative to the number of normal zombies|
|Army %||5||8||10||13||15||15||16||17||18||20||20||% of Army zombies relative to the total number of all zombies (including normal)|
|Screamer %||1||2||2||2||3||3||3||3||4||4||5||% of Screamers relative to the total number of all zombies (including normal)|
|Bloater %||1||1||2||2||2||3||3||3||3||4||5||% of Bloaters relative to the total number of all zombies (including normal)|
|Juggernaut %||1||1||2||2||3||4||4||5||5||7||8||% of Juggernauts relative to the total number of all zombies (including normal)|
|Feral %||1||1||1||2||2||3||4||4||5||6||8||% of Ferals relative to the total number of all zombies (including normal)|
|Max Hordes||8||10||11||12||14||16||18||20||22||24||24||Maximum number of Hordes that can exist at the same time|
|Max Infestations||6||8||10||12||14||16||18||20||22||24||24||Maximum number of Infestations that can exist at the same time|
- Easter Eggs
The police cars license plates say POPO50