Home sites are the primary means by which the survivors in the player's community protects themselves from the undead. All home sites have a defensible perimeter (walls or fences) and are capable of storing items and resources. They can be improved by constructing facilities and outposts to produce daily resources or provide characters with places to rest and recover from tiredness, illnesses or injuries.
In Storyline mode, the player can encounter 8 home sites throughout the game. The first two are given to the player through the story, although the first one, Ranger Station, is not under control of the player, and thus is not considered an "official" home site. The Church of the Ascension is the first "real" home site under player control. Occasionally, home sites can be occupied by random Enclaves.
List of all homesitesEdit
Below is the list of all home sites in State of Decay
State of DecayEdit
- Ranger Station
- Church of the Ascension
- Kirkman Residence
- Savini Residence
- Snyder Trucking Warehouse
- The Alamo
- McReady Farmhouse
- Trumbull County Fairgrounds
- The first DLC adds a new temporary homesite, the Busted RV
- The second DLC only features a single home site, the Black Friday army base
All home sites have some built-in facilities which are always present when the player moves in. The facilities will be in disarray and unusable until fixed up; furthermore, they cannot be upgraded or removed.
Each home site has a different number of available spaces for facilities, outposts, and parking spaces. The player can occupy only one home site at a time; furthermore, upon relocating to a new home site, all constructed facilities from the old one are lost.
Comparison of Home SitesEdit
Notes in the following table, for the purpose of fair and simple comparisons.
- Radio Room does not count towards number of facility slots
- "Gate" slot (reserved for Watch Tower) does count as an available exterior facility slot
- McReady Farmhouse comes with a Bedroom and Bunkhouse, giving it 16 beds after player moves in.
|Name||Church of the Ascension||Kirkman Residence||McReady Farmhouse||The Alamo||Savini Residence||Snyder Trucking Warehouse||Trumbull County Fairgrounds|
|Location||Spencer's Mill||Spencer's Mill||Central Region||Marshall||Marshall||Marshall||Fairfield|
|Survivors required in Breakdown||0||6||6||0||5||10||10|
|Capacity (except Materials)||25||50||80||65||50||110||110|
- To relocate homesite, open radio command and select Relocate Home Base. This radio command is only available after the player completes the Mission Home Away From Home.
- Relocating costs 100 influence, as well as specific Building Materials and Population requirements that vary from site to site.
- It is not possible to relocate if the number of outpost slots in the new base is less than the number of outposts the player currently has.
- Aside from the habitable home sites, many spots on the map are shown as "Potential Home Sites" (without material and population requirement). It is not possible to relocate to these sites. Apparently they are used to mark locations that the RV can break down when reaching a new level in Breakdown DLC.
|Home Sites||Ranger Station • Church of the Ascension • Kirkman Residence • McReady Farmhouse • The Alamo • Savini Residence • Snyder Trucking Warehouse • Trumbull County Fairgrounds • Recreational Vehicle • Black Friday|
|Facilities||Cooking Area • Dining Area • Garden Area • Library • Medical Area • Parking Area • Radio Room • Recreational Vehicle • Sleeping Area • Storage Area • Training Area • Watch Tower • Work Area|
|Facilities (Lifeline)||Barracks • Field Medic • Field Workshop • Generator • Landing Zone • Latrine • Logistics • Mess Hall • Ops Center • Sat-Comms • Training Area • Perimeter Defenses|
|Resources||Ammunition • Construction Materials • Food • Fuel • Medicine|
|Others||Outposts • Supply Locker • Influence • Fame • Morale • Attitudes|