"Cases of Ammunition are good for big trades. For little things, you just need a little INFLUENCE, be it goodwill or intimidation. Gotta pace yourself though. You can only push people so far on any given day, and then tomorrow's another story."
Influence is the respect earned by the player and their group of playable survivors. Its role is similar to currency, allowing the player to take supplies and weapons from the supply locker and perform various actions
The symbol for influence is a star inside of a circle, similar to a Sheriff's Badge.
- Taking items out of the Supply Locker costs Influence.
- Asking a survivor to follow the player as backup costs 100 Influence.
- Building and upgrading Facilities require varying amount of Influence, in addition to Material cost. Activating Facilities' abilities also cost Influence.
- Using Radio Commands cost varying amount of Influence
- Turning down requests for help requires Influence.
- At the start of every day, Influence is reset to half of the player's Fame. If the amount of Influence exceeds that of Fame, it will gradually decrease until the amount is similar.
- Putting items in the Supply Locker.
- Completing Missions (including Supply Runs).
- Clearing Infestations (even when they are not part of a Mission).
- Completing objectives/stages during missions (10 Influence are awarded for each Mission Progress).
|Home Sites||Ranger Station • Church of the Ascension • Kirkman Residence • McReady Farmhouse • The Alamo • Savini Residence • Snyder Trucking Warehouse • Trumbull County Fairgrounds • Recreational Vehicle • Black Friday|
|Facilities||Cooking Area • Dining Area • Garden Area • Library • Medical Area • Parking Area • Radio Room • Recreational Vehicle • Sleeping Area • Storage Area • Training Area • Watch Tower • Work Area|
|Facilities (Lifeline)||Barracks • Field Medic • Field Workshop • Generator • Landing Zone • Latrine • Logistics • Mess Hall • Ops Center • Sat-Comms • Training Area • Perimeter Defenses|
|Resources||Ammunition • Construction Materials • Food • Fuel • Medicine|
|Others||Outposts • Supply Locker • Influence • Fame • Morale • Attitudes|
- In State of Decay 2 influence is also gained from killing freaks and hordes.
- Destroying plague hearts.