"No one can be sick. Medical supplies are necessary for a healthy population. They can be used at an Infirmary to speed recovery from wounds."
- Each injured or sick character consumes 1 Medicine daily..
- The Medical Lab uses Medicine and other resources to create various Consumable items such as Homemade Painkiller or Chemical Incendiary (some requires research at the Library).
- Random events (for example Expired medications) sometimes subtract Medicine from the base's stockpile.
Medicine, like Construction Materials, cannot be created. However, it is a lot easier to find than Materials, and the consumption rates are not very high (provided that the player knows how to keep survivors from being injured or sick).
- Medicine is commonly found in most houses, warehouses and hospital. Every rucksack brought back to base adds 8 Cases of Medicine.
- A Medicine Outpost increase daily Medicine gain by 2. However, the outpost's resource cache will eventually run out.
- The DLC Lifeline allows the player to request packages of Medicine to be dropped, using the Landing Zone
Types of Scavengeable Medicine ResourcesEdit
There are 9 types of scavengeable Medicine Resources, with different appearance and description. In addition, breaking them open gives the player different health items.
- Notes: Refer to "Item List" section below to see the items in each of the "Common", "Prescription" list. This data is taken from game file and untested. Also, items are ordered by chance of appearing (from most to least likely).
|Medicine||MEDICINE RESOURCE. Container of medicine.||Common||3-4|
|First Aid Kit||MEDICINE RESOURCE. Just the essentials.||Common||3-5|
|Military First Aid Kit||MEDICINE RESOURCE. Standard issue meds.||Prescription||4-6|
|Veterinary Medical Supplies||MEDICINE RESOURCE. Medication for animals.||Prescription||3-5|
|Boxes of Medications||MEDICINE RESOURCE. A stack of over-the-counter medication.||Prescription||3-4|
|Hidden Stash||MEDICINE RESOURCE. Most of this stuff is illegal.||Prescription||2-4|
|Suspicious Pharmaceutical Cache||MEDICINE RESOURCE. Quite the collection of pills.||Prescription||3-5|
|Collection of Medications||MEDICINE RESOURCE. Someone's prescriptions. Looks like they bought in bulk.||Prescription||3-5|
|Disaster Preparedness Kit||MEDICINE RESOURCE. Meant for emergencies. This probably counts.||Common||3-5|
|Home Sites||Ranger Station • Church of the Ascension • Kirkman Residence • McReady Farmhouse • The Alamo • Savini Residence • Snyder Trucking Warehouse • Trumbull County Fairgrounds • Recreational Vehicle • Black Friday|
|Facilities||Cooking Area • Dining Area • Garden Area • Library • Medical Area • Parking Area • Radio Room • Recreational Vehicle • Sleeping Area • Storage Area • Training Area • Watch Tower • Work Area|
|Facilities (Lifeline)||Field Medic • Field Workshop • Generator • Landing Zone • Latrine • Mess Hall • Ops Center • Sat-Comms • Barracks • Supply Room • Training Area • Perimeter Defenses|
|Resources||Ammunition • Construction Materials • Food • Fuel • Medicine|
|Others||Outposts • Supply Locker • Influence • Fame • Morale • Attitudes|