The player must then travel to the Ranger Station, which has become infested, and clear the place of zombies. Once the Ranger Station has been cleared, the player can pick up the watch and complete the mission.
- Some players have reported bugs regarding this mission disappearing, missing map marker, or never being triggered at all. Suggestions include using one of the first 3 survivors (Marcus, Ed or Maya), and using that same survivor to pursue the mission once offered.
- Some players have reported having no cutscene playing in which Lily is given the memento, and suggest having the same survivor who completed the mission approach Lily to complete it, without exiting the game or switching characters.
- This minor mission is provided later in the game after all of the introductory missions (although the specific trigger is unclear). It is also entirely optional.
- Players have reported widely varying levels of opposition. Some reported encountering Hordes accompanied by multiple Freaks (Ferals and Juggernauts being the most common), while others only small pockets of undead, a Horde or two, and a single Infestation.
- Players should prepare themselves for the worst: A Powerhouse or Reflexes character, at least one durable Melee Weapon, a suppressed Assault Rifle or a similar high-capacity fast-firing weapon, multiple magazines of ammo, spare suppressors, explosive and/or diversionary items. Health and Stamina Items are, as always, indispensible.
- The Ranger Station provides little safety once multiple Hordes and Freaks are spawned. On the other hand, the Water Tower next to it (provided that the player is able to reach it) is remarkably safer as zombies cannot climb it while the player can freely shoot or throw explosives at the undead below.
- The character used to complete this mission gets the trait Got the Watch.
Lily: (radio) Hey... Do you... do you think you could do me a favor while you're out there?
On the way
Player: Tell me a little about your dad.
Return to Walkthrough