"We can hold the zeds off more effectively if we lay traps in the area outside the base".
Perimeter Defenses are one of the facilities introduced in the DLC Lifeline. Basically outside Black Friday, Perimeter Defenses help defending the base, especially during sieges. There are two Perimeter Defenses facilities, outside the north and east gates, which must be armed separately.
- The Best Defense: Placing explosive ordnance around the perimeter allows us to dramatically thin each oncoming horde before engaging them in CQB.
- Plant Mines (2 Ammo): Lay IFF mines that will blow up the zombies, but deactivate in the presence of friendlies. (Available if not set)
- Set Up Fireworks (2 Ammo): Arrange fireworks outside the perimeter as a potential distraction. (Available if not set)
- Place Propane Tanks (2 Fuel): Place propane tanks just outside the gates for one-shot zombie dispersal. (Available if not set)
- Restock All (4 Ammo, 2 Fuel): Replenish the Mines, Propane Tanks, and Fireworks at the same time. (Available only if nothing is set)
- According to the facilities.xml file, the maximum amount of ordnance set in each of the mine field is 20 mines, 15 firework canisters and 15 propane tanks.
- The player cannot interact with the facility during sieges.
|Home Sites||Ranger Station • Church of the Ascension • Kirkman Residence • McReady Farmhouse • The Alamo • Savini Residence • Snyder Trucking Warehouse • Trumbull County Fairgrounds • Recreational Vehicle • Black Friday|
|Facilities||Cooking Area • Dining Area • Garden Area • Library • Medical Area • Parking Area • Radio Room • Recreational Vehicle • Sleeping Area • Storage Area • Training Area • Watch Tower • Work Area|
|Facilities (Lifeline)||Barracks • Field Medic • Field Workshop • Generator • Landing Zone • Latrine • Logistics • Mess Hall • Ops Center • Sat-Comms • Training Area • Perimeter Defenses|
|Resources||Ammunition • Construction Materials • Food • Fuel • Medicine|
|Others||Outposts • Supply Locker • Influence • Fame • Morale • Attitudes|