The Radio is used as a link between the home site and survivors in the field. Lily Ritter serves as the base radio operator, providing mission information to the active survivor and functioning as a liaison for Survey Support radio calls.
The home site will contact the active survivor over the radio to initiate simulation missions. These calls occur at random and mark the start of the mission's timer; an additional reminder call is made when a mission timer is about to run out.
The active survivor can also call for field support through the radio. By pressing Down on the directional pad, the survivor can view the radio menu and choose an call to use. All radio calls cost influence to use, with the exact cost varying from call to call. The more powerful the call's effects, the most influence the call costs. Most calls require the completion of a linked mission to unlock before they become available.
Support is also available to help the active survivor locate specific resources in the field. Referred to as survey support, these calls are made through the base menu.
Radio Assistance is a menu to call support from the base.
- Call For Scavengers: 10 Influence
- Establish Outpost: 50 Influence
- Relocate Home Base: 100 Influence
- Call For Backup: 50 Influence
- Sharpshooting: 25 Influence
- Death From Above: 50 Influence
- Vehicle Delivery: 100 Influence
- Construction Advice: 200 Influence
- Medical Advice: 10 Influence
- Words of Inspiration: 5 Influence
- Words of Encouragement: 5 Influence
Note that influence costs may vary.
You can also look through the base menu and select the Radio Assistance for help looking for certain resources. Unlike the field support options listed above, these calls are not accessed through the d-pad radio menu, but rather through the base menu.
- Make a Radio Call looking for Survivors: 100 Influence
- Make a Radio Call looking for Building Materials: 20 Influence
- Make a Radio Call looking for Medicine : 20 Influence
- Make a Radio Call looking for Ammunition: 20 Influence
- Make a Radio Call looking for Food: 20 Influence
- Make a Radio Call looking for Fuel: 20 Influence
Unlike field service requests, however, survey support calls do not always succeed; there is a chance that the resource in question will not be located. Additionally, unlike the map markers for radio-dispatched missions, survey support markers indicate the starting location for finding the resource in question. Once the survivor has arrived at the marked location, several nearby buildings will be marked; one will have the listed resource.