DescriptionEditHome site in State of Decay. It is a small tex-mex restaurant located in the crowded commercial section of east Marshall
As a small base site, the Alamo has modest requirements to settle within its walls:
- 5 survivors (No requirement on Breakdown)
- 20 building materials
Location and EnvironsEdit
- The Alamo is sited in the heart of Marshall's eastern half, in its commercial district. It is hemmed in on all sides by buildings, most notably Blaine's Grocery to the east.
- As it is located in the center of Marshall, it is very close to the bulk of scavenging areas, particularly once Spencer's Mill has been largely cleared.
Kitchen, Storage, Watch Tower
Open Facility Slots
2 (Exterior), 1 (Interior)
The Alamo, upon settlement, contains a pre-built Cooking Area, Storage Area, Watch Tower. Three facilities can be built on the site, one inside, two outside. Notably, one of the facility slots is on the restaurant's roof. Three parking spaces and four outpost slots are available.
Base storage capacityEdit
- Food - 65
- Medicine - 65
- Ammunition - 65
- Materials - 90
- Fuel - 65
- Overall, the Alamo is difficult to defend. The site can only support four outposts, making a perimeter difficult to establish. Additionally, as the building is located in downtown Marshall, it is within spawning distance of the entire menu of zombies, including the highly-dangerous Feral. The building's perimeter wall is not adequate to slow attacking zombies appreciably, and the small number of survivors supported by the structure can be hard-pressed to successfully defend it.
- The improvement of defense for the Alamo must be the primary concern upon settlement. The buildings to the north, south, and west should be converted into outposts and have their safezone extended. Blaine's Grocery, to the east, should also be secured and set as an outpost.
- As the Alamo offers only a single interior facility slot, a sleeping area or medical area should be placed here inside the building to help protect the most vulnerable survivors.
- Once the sleeping or medical area is placed in the indoor slot, the second of the two facilities should be placed in the "penthouse suite" on the roof. For instance, one effective combination is to place the medical area indoors and the sleeping area on the roof. There is also a third slot outside the building, which is probably best used for a workshop.
- The homesite's name is a reference to the Battle of the Alamo, a pivotal event in the Texas Revolution. In this battle, Mexican troops overwhelmed and killed all Texians defending the Alamo Mission after a 13-day siege.
|Home Sites||Ranger Station • Church of the Ascension • Kirkman Residence • McReady Farmhouse • The Alamo • Savini Residence • Snyder Trucking Warehouse • Trumbull County Fairgrounds • Recreational Vehicle • Black Friday|
|Facilities||Cooking Area • Dining Area • Garden Area • Library • Medical Area • Parking Area • Radio Room • Recreational Vehicle • Sleeping Area • Storage Area • Training Area • Watch Tower • Work Area|
|Facilities (Lifeline)||Barracks • Field Medic • Field Workshop • Generator • Landing Zone • Latrine • Logistics • Mess Hall • Ops Center • Sat-Comms • Training Area • Perimeter Defenses|
|Resources||Ammunition • Construction Materials • Food • Fuel • Medicine|
|Others||Outposts • Supply Locker • Influence • Fame • Morale • Attitudes|