First pass mouse and keyboard UI interactions
- Keyboard mapping is the same. Primary difference is that you can now use the mouse to click on any elements you would have WASD’d and Spacebar or used the buttons for before. In practice, this means that you can control all UI except for containers using only the mouse. Container UI coming in the next patch.
Here is a personal note from Chris, one of the programmers working on the interface:
- One of the nice things of the current setup is that you could swap between controller and mouse/keyboard on the fly - we chose to feature that.
- To leverage existing resources to get results as fast as possible, we mapped mouse controls onto the UI we have today.
- From there, we're going to pick off and attack the areas that could use mouse specific love and iterate. As such, this model is considered a rough first pass - we're already hard at work on the next revision - using hover more to streamline, for example. Once we land on keybinding and approach - we'll swap the buttons for their appropriate icons.
- We'd love feedback!
For more information, please see the slideshow located here
4:3 and 16:10 support.
- We had an option for 16:9 and 4:3; now an option for 16:10, 16:9, and 4:3. Support for more popular monitor resolution as per steam hardware survey
- Changed them to the most popular on steam hardware survey. There is no longer 2160p.
- Fixed a bug causing a player to lose their ammo on mg's with 100 round capacity.
* First pass on some UI alignment
* Sound volume balancing across the game
* Retuned loot distribution when starting a new game.
* Fixed an issue with the Leaderboards showing incorrect data
* Aligned aiming reticle UI
* Fixed an issue where mouse calls were being dropped
* Better mouse aiming (note from Sanya: Am nominating this for understatement of the year award)
* Addressed an issue that could occur with some SLI enabled machines
- Display settings - Currently there is no way to preview the setting options without committing on selection change.
- Gameplay - Still no binding to change firemodes on weapons where it should be available. Must use controller
- Movement: WASD
- Camera: Mouse
- Sprint: LShift
- Defend/Stealth: LCtrl
- Interact: E
- Cycle Items: Mousewheel (need alt for no wheel — suggestion below)
- Use Current Item: F
- Reload Gun: R
- Light: T
- Melee Attack: LMB
- Aim Gun: RMB
- Shoot Gun: LMB
- Zoom/Switch: Q
- Accelerate: W
- Brake/Reverse: S
- Steering: A/D
- Camera: Mouse (not working)
- Emergency Brake: Space
- Door Attack: LMB
- Headlights: T
- Horn: Q
- Get Out: E
- Open Pause Menu: Esc
- Open Journal: Tab
- Open Radio: LAlt
- Open World Map: M
- Move: Mouse
- Zoom: Mousewheel (need alt for no wheel)
- Place Waypoint: LMB
- UI Navigate: WASD
- UI Select/Accept: Space
- UI Back/Cancel: Esc
And for the UI:
- A = space
- B = escape
- X = q
- Y = e
- rb = tab
- lb = shift+tab
- move = wasd
- scroll = wheel
Okay, ladies and gentlemen, tear it up